Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Hard Gay



You got to see these videos to believe this. This person is Razor Ramon Hard Gay, or "Hard Gay" for short. Think of a Japanese version of the leather guy in the Village People, and his job is to help the average person on the street, such as helping old ladies cross the street, protecting young ladies from pick-up artists, or teaching kids to eat their vegetables. And his secret weapon is his crotch shake. Can you believe the stuff that goes on in Japanese prime time? Hard Gay is the alter ego of the comedian Sumitani Masaki and has become quite popular in Japan.

Here's some clips of him. In this one, he helps a struggling ramen shop by trying to attract customers. Here, he helps people in the streets. In another one, he accuses Yahoo Japan of taking his trademark cry, "whooo!!!"

And you can see him in his music video doing what else...a Japanese cover of "YMCA"! (actually his cover of Young Man, a 1970s Japanese cover of YMCA)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That guy is awesome. I can't believe they air it, but it's hilarious.

Anonymous said...

Chris and I thought it was too funny. Thanks for the laugh!

WannabeMe said...

I have a gnawing suspicion that folks in Japan have way more fun than we do over here.

Nica said...

The first time I saw HG on TV in Japan I was shocked. I thought to myself "They would never show that on TV in America." But now I like him. =)